Desk Set Sponsored Events, Dispatches from the Editors Ali Douglass, Andy Pratt, Books Through Bars, BPL, Buy Olympia, dalaga, Dance Dance Library Revolution, Dweck Center, enid's, eyeglasses. park slope eye, fabulous franny's, Four-Eyes Raffle, granola lab, joseph lambert, MODO, mombucha, New York Society Library, Robyn Chapman, the polluted eyeball No Comments
DDLR is approaching, and this time around, the raffle is an eyes- and eyeglasses-themed affair! Winners can walk with some specs or some shades, sweet goodies featuring eyeglasses as design, or any variety of optical accessory. So get your cat-eyed, horned-rimmed, nearsighted, farsighted self to the party on May 22nd, and let everything look a little rosier.
Oh, and breaking news! Christian Zabriskie of Urban Librarians Unite has kindly agreed to be our Four-Eyes MC! We assume he’ll be wearing his glasses…
Here’s a preview of some of the prizes from The Four Eyes Raffle:
- Eyeglasses print and throw pillow from the talented Ali Douglass
- Reading and glasses themed goodies from the rad online shop Buy Olympia
- A $250 gift certificate to Park Slope Eye to go towards an exam, lenses, frames, or contacts
- 2 chances to win a $50 gift certificate to MODO Eyeware’s Mott Street shop
- a year long membership to the New York Society Library
- issues of Hey, 4-Eyes! zine from Robyn Chapman (see image above for enticing sneak preview!)
- $125 gift certificate to Fabulous Fanny’s
- sampler of homemade, librarian-made granola from Granola Lab
- 3 bottles of kombucha (Ruth’s Blend, Blanc, & Vert) & “tea-shirt” from Mombucha (it’s supposed to be good for eyesight!)
- 2 beautiful letter-pressed stationery packsÂ from Andy Pratt Design‘s Location Collection (Brooklyn & Manhattan of course!)
- 2 pairs of cool sunglasses from Dalaga
- Introductory Screen print workshop from the Polluted Eyeball
- 2 pairs of tickets to see Jonathan Franzen (The Corrections) and David Means (The Secret Goldfish) reading from their latest works at BPL’s Dweck’s Center
Please support these generous businesses: they rock!
Have an idea for a Four-Eyes prize, or want to make a contribution? Please email us at thedesksetATgmailDOTcom and let us know! All raffle proceeds support Books Through Bars.
Dorothy Parker once said that
Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses.
but we think she was kidding.
RSVP for DDLR on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=116203858406463