- Layering is key, bring something for rain just in case.
- Don’t pontificate. If your words are not written on the page in front of you nobody wants to hear them. You can read ANYTHING and people will find cause to respect you for it but offer up a polemic and you are gonna get shouted down.
- 5AM is bad but 6AM is worse.
- Food and coffee are your friends.
- Brooklyn Public Library are the most wonderful hosts in the world. Security are great and thank God for the bathrooms.
- People really do like to help out and support libraries.
- At 3AM picture books can scare the crap out of you and Our Bodies Ourselves can be freaking hilarious.
- It is a lot of fun, people get into it and stick with you and help out in really surprising ways.
- The Read In is a feast, a literary banquet that goes around the clock. It is as just as fascinating to see what people bring to the table as it is to hear the words they share.
WATCH THE SKIES